1. As a base of knowledge in Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto Prefectural University intends to seek truth in the fields of humanity, society, and nature to provide education, and utilize its achievements for the improvement of health and welfare, the promotion of industry, the succession and development of culture, and the harmonious development of international society.
2. Kyoto Prefectural University prepares human resources to contribute to the sustainable development of both regional and international societies with an ability to think logically, a wealth of intelligence, knowledge, and highly-specialized skills, and a strong sense of social responsibility through general education and systematic core education.
3. Kyoto Prefectural University carries out creative research based on the free thinking and ethical sense of the researchers, promotes the highest standards of research in both Japanese and international academic communities, and carries out comprehensive regional research on nature, society, history, culture, and industry centering on Kyoto Prefecture.
4. Kyoto Prefectural University provides support for the lifelong learning of Kyoto Prefecture residents, promotes regional investigational research activities in cooperation with residents, NPOs, industries, government offices and universities etc., and is actively involved in activities that contribute to the region.
5. Kyoto Prefectural University actively carries out international exchange such as research and student exchange, and contributes to interaction and mutual understanding among international societies through academic and cultural exchange.
6. In order to promote free academic developments, Kyoto Prefectural University respects the human rights of individual members of the university and secures their ability to carry out autonomous research. While we encourage such individuals to participate in our education, research, regional contribution, and university operation based on the spirit of autonomy of the university, we also strive for effective university operations to accomplish the social missions of a public university. Furthermore, we conduct inspections and evaluation of activities at the university, both internally and through outside organizations, and make such information available to the general public in order to be fully accountable to the residents of Kyoto Prefecture.